Skip to main content

Gigaware K26 Review - A Mechanical Keyboard for $40

We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. More information in Affiliate Disclosure.



Hey guys, today I will be reviewing the Gigaware K26 Mechanical Keyboard.

It is available in black, gold, and silver. I found it on alibaba for even cheaper but I lost the link and I think it had a minimum amount to order. I ordered it at night and I got it the next day which is really good free shipping.

Here I have the black version because the silver version which I wanted more didn't have a matching wrist rest which bothered me. It had a white wrist rest which just didn't look good in the pictures. I also wasn't a fan of the wrist rest. It's just a piece of hard plastic. I tried it though and it actually helped with comfort so I started to like it. I do want to note that it's a bit hard to remove. You have to be careful with it or it might break.

Out of the box, you just get the keyboard, the detachable wrist rest, and an instruction manual which is actually useful because you need it for lighting customization which we'll talk about later. The cable is according to the manual, 1.6 meters but on the lazada page, it says 2 meters. I'd love to measure it but I can't find my measuring tape. It's also braided which is a nice touch. The usb plug is not gold plated but I don't really mind.

It doesn't have any cable management underneath but it does have two rubber feet to prevent accidental repositioning and two foldable feet like any other keyboard to raise the height. I personally like using the two foldable feet but I do not recommend using it with the wrist rest because the keyboard becomes very wobbly or shakey.

I'm not quite sure what brand it uses but since gigaware's other mechanical keyboards use outemu switches, I'll just assume this does too. It has blue switches which are usually the loudest but they have great feedback in feel and sound. I really enjoy typing on these but honestly I would like to see gateron blues instead of the outemu switches but then again I'm not even sure if this uses outemu switches. It's not listed on the spec sheet. I'm not sure what kind of plastic the keycaps use but they feel pretty good. The font it has is also decent in my opinion.


This keyboard also has media controls through the function and f keys like F1 and F2 but I only use the volume ones because the other ones are play/pause, next, previous, mail, open website, my computer, and favorite. I can't seem to figure out what the favorite function is for.

It also has indication if you are using caps lock, scroll lock, num lock, and windows key lock. You can disable the windows key by pressing function key plus windows key. This is a must have option for gaming keyboards in my opinion. How about the looks? Well, in my opinion this keyboard looks just fine. It's pretty flashy with the lights. I dislike the text written on top though. It says "Gaming" but with a really ugly font.

The lighting customization is pretty good. All customization is done on the keyoard not on software. You can increase or decrease the brightness, change lighting effects, and change the speed of the lighting effects. Some of the lighting effects are a bit lame in my opinion but I doubt that someone will dislike all the effects. I'd like to point out too that the leds aren't rgb. It just has different colors for every row. Love it or hate it, that's up to you.

I also noticed that the lighting effects aren't a hundred percent working sometimes like some keys don't respond to the lighting effects. Like, see here. See how 0 doesn't light up when I press a certain button. Another thing is the box. I don't really care much about it but my friend kept saying that they could improve on the box and I agree.

Those screws in the corner look weird and the font selection is pretty bad. I also would've liked a keycap puller but it's fine. I've owned this for a few months now and I think the build quality is pretty good. It has a bit of weight to it and it has an alloy top cover. The rest is mostly plastic but it feels durable. There are no signs of keyboard flex.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anker SoundCore 2 SAnker SoundCore Select features review.

I'm checking out the Anker SoundCore 2. Anker actually launched two versions of the SoundCore’s successor. One is called the SoundCore Select and the other is simply called SoundCore 2, but they are essentially the same speaker. For the rest of this review, I’ll refer to the new speaker as the SoundCore Select. Anker's new SoundCore Select contains the same great features and sound quality of Anker's popular original SoundCore model. The clarity and sound performance are still great on the SoundCore Select. So what's new? The SoundCore Select features a larger bass port on the front, and this is definitely noticeable when listening to music on the speaker. This speaker is still relatively small, so don't expect the bass to rattle the windows, but the enhancement of the lows is a welcome change on the SoundCore Select. Another change you'll notice is that there is now a cover over the charging and Aux ports, which helps keep out dust and splashes. But plea

Green Direct Spin Mop Honest Review

Today we have a new mop to try out. It is the spin mop by Green Direct. I've taken it out of the box already so here's the box that it came in. Let's see what it comes with. There is obviously the bucket, it's got 2 nice wheels on it and extra long extendable handle 2 floor mop heads and one for windows. It's actually more than a mop, it is a cleaning system. The mop is said to work on a variety of surfaces such as hardwood, ceramic tile, wood and concrete. There is a lot of hardwood and tile here so let me go get some water and then you can get some cleaning fluid. That is a great feature I've never seen on of these that has the cleaning fluid bottle. Ok, so we've got water in the bucket and we're going to start with just plain water and we put cleaning fluid in the dispenser. Put the mop in the water and what did you just do there? Undid the lock ok you undo the lock on the handle and then press up and down a few times. Now, I like the fact tha